The next Chairs & Board members network meeting to be held in Swansea takes place on ednesday 9 April 2008. The venue is the Swansea Grand Theatre, Singleton Street, Swansea SA1 3QJ/
The meeting will commence at 5.00pm in the Roof Top Cafe with a few light sandwiches and refreshments and then move into the Rear Studio by 5.30pm for the meeting actual. We anticipate that you should be away by 8.30pm
The agenda is:
* Discussion of feedback on the content and format of Board Network meetings
* Agreement of future themes for discussion
* Information share
The format will be interactive and board member led. This agenda is designed to respond to key messages that came out of the February Governance Conference - that included:
* Meeting face to face is absolutely vital and the precious time that board members commit needs to meet their needs
* There should be more time spent networking with peers – mingling is important – especially with new shadow board members
* Conversations need to be more delegate led – with agendas focusing on agreed key topics
* Network meetings should stop using up valuable time giving updates– briefings should go out in advance so people can come prepared in advance
* Innovation and best practice is key – and more opportunities are needed to enable boards to learn from each other
* There is an appetite to get information on, say governance, from beyond the world of housing – especially around public service delivery and health
* More needs to happen between meetings - networking, information exchanges, learning and more – the development of on line networks could add real value here.
There are still spaces - contact Jenny Horton at CHC on 029 2055 7410 or email Jenny on email@example.com.